Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Tuesday Technique: Painted Blown Egg and Easter Basket

Hello Everybody!

With Easter approaching, I decided to focus on an Easter Project. Today I am teaching you how to blow out an egg and paint it with our inks and make a quick and easy small basket.


 Let's get started!
To blow an egg you need to pierce both ends of the egg, making the bottom hole slightly larger then the top hole. You can use a pin or nail to do this but be very careful if you tap too hard the hole, or the whole egg can crack.
After you make your holes, take a skewer and put it through the bottom hole and break the yolk of the egg. This will make it easier to blow it out.
Now, blow the egg out, over a bowl and put aside for later.
Wash the inside of the egg by running water through it, and let dry.


Now let's paint the egg.
(Never  color with ink on an egg that is still intact as the shell will allow the ink to bleed into the egg and contaminate it) I painted this egg with the Aqua painter and Pacific Point ink. You can also use your Stampin' Write markers to draw on the egg, add rhinestones or sequins for some bling! I
I tried to stamp the egg but it was an utter fail. I just made a terrible mess. So I washed it off and started again, this time only painting it.




The Basket is so easy and quick to make.
Take a 6"x 6" piece of paper, score at 2" the 4", turn once and repeat.
Burnish all score lines.
I punched the four corners with the Detailed Trio Punch, using the flowerette side.
Next, cut on the score lines on one side to the first cross score line.
Turn paper to the opposite side and repeat.
You will have three squares on two sides, take the two end squares and bring in towards the center square. Glue in place(I used a brad). Fold down the decorated edges.
Now repeat on opposite side.
Fill with grass and fill with your treats, or as I have done here, with your blown and decorated egg.

Here is the video on how to make an Easter Basket:




Thanks Everybody for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed today's project! 
Have a great week!

Deb B
The Crafting Fool

No comments:

Post a Comment