Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

In the Word Wednesday: Genesis 1-11

HI Everybody!

I started studying the book of Genesis with a friend of mine. I have come to some conclusions.

God made us as companions, friends in a sense, for Himself. He walked and talked with Adam and Eve; yet not equal. He desired that relationship. He gave them such love that they were oblivious to sin. Until...the serpent devil, tempted Eve and she tempted Adam.

When God said, "do not eat...or you shall surely die". He meant three things:

First: your innocence, will be gone, you will become separated from the, God/man, relationship they have, and you will now suffer physical death.

Second: The first sacrifice was due to their disobedience, skins, which came from a slathered animal. This relates to Jesus' sacrifice for our sins) Then He gives them consequences, labor in child birth, labor of hard work, shame and suffering, and a compromised relationship with Him.

Third: This sin seems to go on through the generations played out in many ways, one being; Cain slaying Abel. All from that original sin because now we have knowledge of good and evil and along with our freewill can choose to go down that dark path.

Thankfully we were given promises of eternal life which comes much later, (John 3:16), as we read. I am thankful for God and His promises.


I took that inspiration and made a sampler. It's not my first sampler, however it is the first I designed. I am not extremely happy with the way it turned out but I like all the verses I have included. They are all very meaningful.



If you would like to join in on the Bible study go to Facebook and search Blessings Abound Bible Study. It is a closed group, just ask to join. Or contact me with your Facebook name and I will request you be added to the group.

I hope you like today's In the Word! Come back soon for more inspiration!!

Deb B
The Crafting Fool

No comments:

Post a Comment