Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Technique Tuesday: Fun Fold

Today I have a fun fold card technique.

What's the name of this fold? I learnt how to do this fold from my upline, Linda Owens.  I have searched and searched and can not find the name of it. So, I am having a contest to name this fold! Leave a message below or on my facebook business page, and I will pick the most creative name for the fold and send you a message letting you know that you won. Your prize will be a sample package of DSP, cut 6x6!

On to the projects!
This literally is a small card on top of a card stock base. The base is 5 1/2"x 4 1/4". On this card there is a layer of 5 1/4"x 4" the "small card" measuring at  8 1/2"x 3 1/4", scored at 4 1/4". A layer of dsp cut at 4"x 3", and is then adhered on top of that base. I then tied Braided Linen Trim around the card. 
The lovely All my Love DSP is used on the small card. I used the retired stamp set, Bloomin' Love for the design on the base. I then stamped a Stitched Oval with Country Home stamp set. The hearts are from the Retired Mini Treat Bag Thinlits. 
I know this is a Valentines Card, (the one I gave to my husband), but I did want to share the technique with you.




This card is also made with the All my Love DSP. I used the Lovely Lipstick Foil sheet to create the heart. After cutting it out I ran it through the Big Shot in the Tufted Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and sprinkles a few pearls on for bling! I stamped with the Retired stamp set as above. 


Here I have placed the "small card" in the center of the base. I like it, even though it is not a "stand up" card. I have used the Wood Textured and Floral Romance DSP on the base and "small card". I then stamped on a Stitched Circle with the Home to Roost stamp set.



Again I used the Home to Roost stamp set, isn't he darling? I made this card with the base being upright instead of sideways. For the background on the base, I used the retired Ghoulish Grunge stamp set. Floral Romance DSP and Whisper White Flax Ribbon adorn this card. I colored Mr. Rooster with our Stampin' Blends and love the look!



I hope you enjoyed this technique. Don't forget to name this Fun Fold and get a chance to receive the prize of a sample package of 6"x 6" DSP. 

Thanks for coming by,
Deb B
The Crafting Fool

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for replying. I am going to leave open for a few days and gather all the comments I have received here and on facebook groups before choosing. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone for playing! Picked Donna Fath Hayes entry of "Half Dutch Door", from a facebook group that I am in, for the winner! It was fun playing.

    ReplyDelete