Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Technique Tuesday: Embossing with Dies

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Today I have a tutorial on how to emboss using your dies. It's an awesome technique and a new way to use your dies!



Let's get started.

On tab one of your Big Shot platform place your cutting plate then an embossing mat.
 (this mat is soft rubber). 


Now place your paper and die, blade down, then a cutting plate on top. Run through your Big Shot.


Here are the three dies that I used. 


I spritzed water on the cardstock, before running through the Big Shot, and I think it gives the best impression. You can add shims of mylar or cardstock to get a deeper impression if you would like but be careful, too much thickness can cut right through your paper and embossing mat.

And the results:



I then added ink to the back side, I really like the back impression better then the front impression on of this one, and it was something different. Then I spritzed with shimmer made with our simmer paints.



And the finished card. 


This one is simple and sweet. You can see the embossing nicely. A little shimmer and voila!


Now there is a story about this one. I totally messed up the ink on it so I had to cover up the embossing I did.  I like it though, so, Happy Mistake!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and the cards I made.
Happy Stamping, see you soon!

Deb B
The Crafting Fool

Don't forget to pick up your supplies at my online store, http://craftingfool.stampinup.net


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment