Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Technique Tuesday: Triple Layering 3 Ways

What fun I always have at Stamp Club!

We always have a blast and learn/share new things. The last club I was reintroduced to the Triple Layering Technique. My dear friend, Kathy Hanna, had shared her card with us and I just knew that was the next thing I was going to share with you!

So today's technique is Triple Layering 3 ways! Yup, I played around with my Rectangle Stitched Framelits, (no measuring required), dsp, and foil sheets to come up with todays cards.

The traditional way to make these cards is to layer three sheets of card stock and stamp on them, then layer between them with a different color card stock. I changed it up a bit. As you will see.

I decided which framelits I wanted for all my layers, before I cut out the Whisper White ones. Then the layers of Whisper White were lightly tacked down and stacked on top of one another. I then stamped with the Love What you Do stamp set.  If you look closely you can see the layers.


After they are stamped I separated them to begin layering the card stock between.


Here is one way that I switched it up, instead of a solid color card stock I tried it with the Share What You Love DSP. These layers are larger then the layers above. The largest is not run through with the framelit, it is cut at 5 1/4 x 4. 


I glued all of my layers on a Crumb Cake card base. Layering dsp, whisper white, etc, until all layers were adhered. I then made a tag for the words and popped it up with dimensionals. 
Here is the first card, a little busy but I really like it. 


The second card is made with the Painted Seasons Stamp set, this is more traditional with the layers of Whisper White being separated by the solid card stock of Pear Pizzazz.


The last card I tried something different. I took a 6 x 6 sheet of Garden Impressions DSP and just cut the layers within each other. I then cut my layers of Grapefruit Grove Foil, as I would the solid card stock. I felt like I could get away with non-solid layers of dsp because the foil is thick and the dsp is very thin. Isn't it cool how the foil reflects the light. It is really a solid color. 


 Here is what it looks like before assembling.



Here is the finished card:



Here is the card Kathy designed that was my inspiration:

Thank you Kathy for the inspiration! 





Well that's my project for today. I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any questions, or would like to join my team, leave me a message below. You can find all your supplies at my website: http://craftingfool.stampinup.net 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Deb B
The Crafting Fool

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment