Pages

Monday, March 18, 2019

Musing Mondays: Beauty Abounds Mother's Day and Easter Cards

Hello Everyone!

Sorry I missed Friday and Saturday. I was suffering a migraine and was unable to work on the computer. But no fear, I am on the mends and back today!

Today I made three cards with the Floral Romance DSP  and the Beauty Abounds Stamp Set.

For the Easter Card, I used the Beauty Abounds, Easter Message (Happy Easter), and the Retired Crosses of Hope.


The Card Base is 5 1/2"x 7", scored at 4 1/4" in Fresh Fig. Layer #1 is 5 1/4"x 2 1/2" in both Whisper White and the dsp. They are glued one on top of the other to help the dsp colors pop. Layer #2 is 
4 1/2"x 2 1/2" in Mossy Meadow and 4 1/4"x 2 1/2" in Whisper White. I sponged the "Happy Easter" tag with Petal Pink.

Using the Stampin' Blends I colored the  Butterflies and Cross. I used Light Old Olive, Dark Petal Pink, Dark Blackberry Bliss, Light Highland Heather, and Light Blackberry Bliss. The background is stamped with the boho dots from the Beauty Abound in Petal Pink and Fresh Fig (stamped off once)

 I cut a Whisper White sheet 4x3 for the inside of this card.

For the Mother's Day Card, I used Petal Pink for the card base cut at 4 1/4"x 11", scored at 5 1/2". I layered a Whisper White and Dsp cut 4"x 5 1/4". I then added strips of dsp cut 1/2" x 3 1/2", and 1"x 3 3/4" and added a few pearls. On a Fresh Fig scallop circle and Whisper White circle, I wrote  Happy Mother's Day since I didn't have a stamp. I also added dots and butterflies from the Beauty Abounds set. I stamped the dots in Fresh Fig and Petal Pink and colored the butterflies in with Stampin' Blends as I did in the previous card.
 I added a sheet of Whisper White to the inside.


For the last card I didn't use any words, I let the design take center stage here. I really love this DSP. It has to be one of my favorites. I stamped the flower vine from Beauty Abound, colored it in with stampin' blends and angled it. 
 
The measurements for this card is, Whisper White cut at 5 1/2"x 8 1/2 ", scored at 4 1/4" for the base. Mossy Meadow cut at 5 1/4"x 4". DSP 5"x 3 3/4", and Whisper White and DSP  cut at 3 3/4"x 2 1/2", layered. The Stamped Flower is on a 1" strip of Whisper White, backed with a 1 1/4" strip of Mossy Meadow. I glued it down then cut it even with the dsp layer.   

I hope you enjoyed these cards today. Remember The Occasions Catalog and and Sale-A-Brations end soon. All supplies are while they last, so get on over to my store and order while you can! 
If you would like to be a part of my team, pm me or sign up on my page today!

Thanks for stopping by,
Deb B
The Crafting Fool



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment