Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Throwback Thursday: Tombow Glue Holder using Sky Blue Card Stock

Hello Everybody!

It's a little late today. I was working on Honor Flight Cards again with my friend Peggy! I think we knocked them all out for the next flight. Feels good to get them done and know they are ready.

For Throwback Thursday, today I made a Tombow Glue Holder (or what ever you use).  I loved the Sky Blue Card Stock and was so sad to see it go last year so I kept just a little back in my stash. I pulled some out to make this holder for my desk so I can look at it everyday!

It's rather quick to do. Just the kind of project I like to put together! The measurements and pictures are included here for you, with some simple steps.

Cut 2"x 11" then score 1-1/2", 3", 4-1/2", 6"
Then punch with a 1" circle in the second small square
Cut 2"x 4-1/2" then score 3/4", 1-1/2", 3", 3-3/4"
Then punch with a 1" circle in the center square
Start gluing, first with the 4-1/4" piece as shown, attached between the 4-1/2" and 6" score marks
Glue both sides of the "box" that was just formed. Give a good rub to the front then fold over to make another box and attach to the glued area and give a good rub.
It should look like this now, with the long end still not glue up yet.
Ok, now glue the back of the box you just made and lift the card stock up and adhere to the glue.
Punch the long end with the Tag Topper Punch
Cut two pieces of Designer Paper, 1-3/4"x 2-1/2" and 1-3/4"x 1-1/4"
Adhere the larger of the two to the top section and the small of the two, to the bottom section.
Decorate the way you like. I added a butterfly with enamel dots and metallic thread.
 I Love It!
Hope you do too!

If you would like to help support my blog or card ministries, I do cards for Honor Flight as well as donating cards to church ladies to send to the sick, shut in's, etc., then please place an order at my store. Your order will help my business continue.  If  you would like to be a part of my team, click here. I would love to have you join me! Or if you would like to host a party, contact me at, deb.craftingfool@gmail.com, and in the message subject line state "host a party," don't forget to leave a message with the best way to contact you! Thank You!

The Crafting Fool
Deb B



No comments:

Post a Comment