Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Technique Tuesday: Shakin' a Spring Shaker Card!

Hello Stamper!

Sunshine here in Fort Wayne Indiana! How about in your neck of the woods? The grass is getting green, the daffodils are popping up and the temperature is on the rise. If it would just stay put now, I would be a happy camper!
Today I am going to teach you how to make a shaker card. I used some bits I had laying about my desk, did some thinking and pop! This is the result!


The front of the card is a layer of whisper white run through the big shot with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. Then I lightly sponged brayered Petal Pink, Heather Highland, Balmy Blue and Soft Sea Foam Inks on randomly. I cut out a circle with the Layering Circle  Framelits, near the top.

Next I added a stamped image from Beautiful You, that I colored using Heather Highland and Petal Pink Inks with a Blender Pen. I also added some flowers from Swirly Bird, the leaf from our Retired Owl Punch and a Sprig from the Sprig Punch was cut in half and re-arranged. A nice little bow to tie it all up neatly was made with the linen thread.

After turning over the card I ran snail all along the edge of the circle opening, then layed down a 3x" x 3" square of  window sheet. I then put Foam adhesive strips along the edges of another 3' x 3" square of window sheet. I added some small glue dots to the window and glued down a few sequins then added a bunch of loose sequins to float around. Then I put the back on the card front window. 



Next I added more Foam adhesive strips to the back of the front layer.

I then cut a circle in my card base after lining it up with the circle in my front layer. Next I had to line up the flower I made with Eastern Medallions. I added a label from the Share What you Love Embellishment Kit. I stamped Happy Spring from the Fable Friends Stamp Set. 


Then I put the front on, and there you go! 
A happy little spring card to send out to cheer someone!


Just to let you know, yesterday I missed blogging because I was working with the some of the ladies from the VFW auxiliary making cards for the Honor Flight coming up in May. We aren't done yet so I may miss another day or two to get them finished. We have to get 80 per flight out so they take awhile to put together and we worked a solid 3 hours yesterday on them. I was too tired and sore to do more card making when I got home, sorry, but I took a nap! My son made our dinner or my poor hubby would have been hungry too! Such is the life when you have fibromyalgia, sometimes enough is enough and you are done. That was my yesterday.

I hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoy that sunshine!

If you would like to help support my blog or card ministries, I do cards for Honor Flight as well as donating cards to church ladies to send to the sick, shut in's, etc., then please place an order at my store. Your order will help my business continue.  If  you would like to be a part of my team, click here. I would love to have you join me! Or if you would like to host a party, contact me at, deb.craftingfool@gmail.com, and in the message subject line state "host a party", don't forget to leave a message with the best way to contact you! Thank You!

The Crafting Fool
Deb B


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment