Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Technique Tuesday: Fun Fold Bag/Boxes

Hello Everybody!
I hope you are having a wonderful day! 

For today's technique I have chosen another fun fold. This one is a no cut bag or box. You do need glue to keep it all together. I have three projects for you today with one video at the end. So read on through and then watch the video!


Let's get started shall we?

For the first project we have the Tag Topper Bag. I found the inspiration for this on pinterest but I could not find who it belonged to to give credit. I also had to figure out the measurements as there were none.
This is a cute little bag, it holds a couple small pieces of candy. A perfect small gift favor for a group of people.

I started with a 4"x 7" piece of paper. On the long side I scored at 1" and 3", then I turned 90 degrees and scored at 3" and 4".
After folding and burnishing all score lines, I folded in the 1" and 3" sides and glued the top and bottom to about 1/2".
Next I punched the ends of the paper with the topper punch.
I then made the necessary folds with the 3" and 4" score lines. (to understand this you need to watch the video, there is no easy way to describe it).
You take the first score line and fold it back at a 90 degree angle along the edge, do this on both sides. Then repeat for the second score line. (see I told you it is not easy to describe, lol)
Now glue your triangles that you have created to form your box.
Decorate, fill and you are done! I decorated with left over scraps I had from other projects. A flower from Jar of Love, leaves from the Bird Builder Punch, Polka Dot Ribbon and a banner with words from Jar of Love, and one of our clips.
This was quick and easy to make.

The Second project is a cute little purse, inspired by Kelly Acheson at A Stamp Above. She has an excellent video on how to make her purse.
Surprisingly it holds a lot of goodies. It could also hold nail polish, jewelry, or any small gift or gift card.

This project started with a 7"x 7" piece of paper.
I then scored it at 2 7/8"x 4 1/8", turned it 90 degrees and scored at 1 1/2"x 5 1/2".
After folding and burnishing all score lines, I folded in the 2 7/8" and 4 1/8" score lines and glued to about an inch from the edges.
I then folded the 1 1/2" and 5 1/2" score lines as before to create a box. (again, please see video)
I added a scalloped oval, scored in half, to the top of the bag. I also added ribbon for handles, a Velcro closure to the underside of the oval (optional), as well as a pearl to the front.
At this point you could decorate your purse, I chose not to because the paper was busy enough.

The Third project is the Card Clutch. It is inspired by Chris Slogar. I stumbled across this on Splitcoast Stampers, there was an excellent tutorial and video there as well.
This cute clutch holds 3 1/2"x 5" note cards and it is just perfect for a gift. 

I started with a piece of 11"x 11" paper. I then scored at 2 3/4" and 8 1/4", turned it 90 degrees and scored it 2 3/4", 3 1/2", 7 1/2" and 8 1/4".
I then folded and burnished all score lines. Folding in the 2 3/4" and 8 1/4" in and gluing, as shown on video.
I then folded the box as before, and glued it up. 
I corner rounded the edges of the flap, placed two Velcro dots and tied a ribbon around.
Here is the video to help you with folding technique for all the boxes. Even though they are different boxes/bags the box area, folds the same way.

I really hope this helps you understand how to fold the box. It is really easy once you get the hang of it. I only did it four times total and as you can see, the projects came out just fine.

I hope you enjoyed today's projects. I really love them and think I will be making more! 
Remember if you need any supplies check out my online store
Thanks for your support!
Deb B
The Crafting Fool

















No comments:

Post a Comment