Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Technique Tuesday: 2 ways to add Vellum Layers, without seeing the adhesive

Hello Stampers!

Have you seen all that beautiful vellum we have been carrying lately? Have you been discouraged trying to add layers only to find you see the adhesive? Well I have good news! I researched how to add that beautiful vellum without seeing the ugly adhesive behind it. I am sure by now you have used the tried and true technique of adding Rhinestones and Pearls and right behind them putting glue dots to hold down your vellum. That it one clever way.  Well today I have two new ways to add that vellum without a hitch! Here are the cards I made using these two new techniques, I hope you like them.



1. Take  your Multipurpose glue and squeeze it on your Silicone craft sheet. Take a sponge and dab it onto your paper, all over. Now you can adhere your vellum.
I did that here then cut my sheet down to the size I needed for my card front.


2. Set your card up and glue. With this card I embossed the vellum and added "embellishments" to the front. 
 I glued down the "embellishments"
Then flipped over the vellum and glued ONLY BEHIND THEM

I placed ribbon at the top of the card to hold the top in place and now the vellum is adhered to the card nicely.

One little trick I had to use with this embossing folder. It curled my vellum so I put my vellum through the Big Shot again, this time with no embossing folder. I used a sheet of card stock as a shim to make it a little tighter and voila! the vellum came out flat. The impression was not as dynamic as it was before but you could still clearly see it. I was pleased with it.

Well I hope these techniques help you to enjoy your beautiful vellum. I think it adds a richness to the project. I just love it. 

If you would like to help support my blog or card ministries, I do cards for Honor Flight as well as donating cards to church ladies to send to the sick, shut in's, etc., then please place an order at my store. Your order will help my business continue.  If  you would like to be a part of my team, click here. I would love to have you join me! Or if you would like to host a party, contact me at, deb.craftingfool@gmail.com, and in the message subject line state "host a party", don't forget to leave a message with the best way to contact you! Thank You!

Remember this catalog is coming to and end and on June 3rd we will be introducing our new catalog with new items. It's exciting and sad at the same time. The new items are wonderful as always, that's exciting news. The sad news it that we will be saying goodbye to some of our old favorites. So stop by my store to see the "LAST CHANCE" products and get yours while supplies last, because when they are gone, they are gone forever.

The Crafting Fool
Deb B

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment