Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Technique Tuesday: Shadow Box Card

Hi Stampers!

Wow! Last week zoomed by! Thursday we had a Demonstrator meeting. It was filled with lots of conversation, updates, fun and food. We exchanged cards, did some make and takes and eat really good food. We all had a great time. I got to see people I haven't seen in a long time. It really filled my spirit.

Friday I just zonked! I did go some grocery shopping and basically I recuperated!  Sorry I didn't get anything on those two days.

Over the weekend we prepared for my grandsons birthday party. He turned 4! Man do they grow up fast! We did a dinosaur theme. Part of the shopping was getting stuff to decorate and eat so Sunday would be a happy occasion for our little man. And it was. He had a blast! His uncle, my son, made him a volcano cake and he made it erupt! Pretty cool! All the dinos were on the cake and table. Artemis loved it! 
So this little guy is going to be staying with me for a couple of weeks. I am going to be enjoying his company, I just know it!



For today's project I tried the Shadow Box Card. I got directions from DebDuzScrappin and didn't realize it was too large for a standard A4 envelope. I like the design and size of it but will have to make an envelope to accommodate the size. 
  




Cut 2 pieces of card stock 5-1/4" x 7-1/4"
Score at 1/2" and 1"
I then embossed the front panel and cut out the center being careful not to get to close to the edge of the frame.
Cut one Whisper White card stock 5-1/8"x 5-1/8"
Stamp and decorate as you wish on the Whisper white.
 I used Flourishing Phrase and Beauty Abound.
I then colored and added some Wink of Stella to add some dazzle.
For the verse I used the Rooted in Nature set.
I stamped the images to be colored in Memento Tuxedo Black so I could color with the Stampin' Blends. I chose vibrant colors to make the images pop.
*Glue the Whisper white into the frame bottom, then glue the 1/2" ends together of the frame to hold the frame together. Continue to add to your frame as you like, adding dimension and interest.

 Since this is the first time I have attempted to do this type of thing, I am not happy with it how it turned out. I like the size, the style,  I even like how I have embossed the front of the "frame." I am just not happy with the stamping and decorating. It didn't come out the way I envisioned it. What is it missing? Any suggestions? Leave me a note below!

Thanks for popping by today! If you would like to help support my blog or card ministries, I do cards for Honor Flight as well as donating cards to church ladies to send to the sick, shut in's, etc., then please place an order at my store. Your order will help my efforts continue.  If  you would like to be a part of my team, click here. I would love to have you join me! Or if you would like to host a party, contact me at, deb.craftingfool@gmail.com, and in the message subject line state "host a party", don't forget to leave a message with the best way to contact you! Thank You!

The Crafting Fool
Deb B


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment