Pages

Monday, June 3, 2019

Monday Musings: Making Designer Paper

Hello Stampers!

The sun is shinning on this glorious Monday morning! God is good! Today I would like to talk to you about making your own Designer paper. We want it all right! But we can't always get it, sadly. There is a way to enjoy the stamp sets you love without getting that Designer paper right away if you can't. I sometimes don't get the Designer paper intentionally because I have so much of it. If I can't find something that coordinates, then I make something that goes with the stamp set that I am using, or the theme that I am trying to get across. Today I am going to show you an example of what you can make using the new Free as a Bird stamp set coming out in tomorrow's new catalog.

It's really easy to make your own Designer paper. Just gather up the stamps you want on the background, here I used both flowers and the leaves. I put them all on the block at the same time, inked them in the same color as the paper and stamped away. You can also use one stamp at a time and use different color inks if you would like. Be creative, make it your own.
Next I colored up my stamped image that would be my focal point. Cute little birds, aren't they?
I die cut them out and backed them with a die cut in Balmy Blue. I love how the Daffodil Delight and Balmy Blue pop together!

So remember, even if you "want it all", you can make do with "what you have"! Until you can get it. Look how lovely this card is! Make your own Designer paper and show me what you come up with!

Thanks for popping by today! I hope to get back to it tomorrow, so until then.....
Happy Stamping!!

The Crafting Fool
Deb B

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment